Since 1977, Hazel's has been recognized as an established leader in the expedited freight industry.
Hazel's has a long and impressive track record of serving the transportation needs of thousands of customers ranging from small local companies to Fortune 100 companies. We work with manufacturing companies, public utilities, parts suppliers, and everything in between.
At Hazel’s we provide point-to-point courier and delivery services, scheduled same day deliveries, expedited “hot shot” deliveries, and over-the-road long-distance transport services. We also offer air freight forwarding services and air charters when ground transport isn’t fast enough for time-critical deliveries.
Hazel’s is interested in hiring a Full-Time Warehouse Associate to work 40 hours a week. The shift will be overnight hours Monday through Friday.
Warehouse Associate will be trained Training period may be different than permanent hours. Training will last several weeks. Candidate will be compensated during training.
Job RequirementsSummary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Tracking outbound and inbound inventory
- Completing damage reports
- Packaging finished products for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing, labeling)
- Staging finished products for loading
- Loading finished products onto truck
- Unloading raw materials from truck
- Moving raw materials to warehouse storage
- Being responsible for quality control
- Operating forklift or truck
- Completing daily logs
- Performing preventive maintenance on forklift
- Communicating with operators from other shifts
- Cleaning and maintaining work area
- Turning off and locking out equipment when not in use
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree preferred
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- 1-2 years of related experience working in similar industry; additional education may be substituted for years of work experience
- Forklift certification
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Documentation Skills
- Data Entry Skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery
- Ability to be a team player and meet deadlines
- Informing Others, Listening, Verbal Communication
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to operate a dolly, forklift, hand trucks and pallet jacks
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Responds promptly and professionally to customer needs
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Ability to read, comprehend and complete basic checklists, forms or other related documents
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Consistently at work and on time
- No drug/alcohol related incidents
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time W2 employee position. Compensation will be consistent with industry norms. Exact compensation will depend on experience of the candidate.
In addition to compensation, employee will receive access to Company Benefits including:
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation (eligible after 6 months of employment)
- 401k Plan (with eligible company matches)
- Medical Insurance (cost shared between employer and employee)
- Life Insurance (company paid)
- Disability (company paid)
- Dental Insurance (employee paid)
- Vision Insurance (employee paid)
- Cancer Insurance (employee paid)